Monday, February 22, 2010

will i need a winter coat?

Well ladies and gents, im pretty much outta here. London that is. Headed to sunnier pastures and the sound of wedding bells. On my lap for the 24 hour journey is the 18 month old lump known as Rocco. An interesting prospect in a tight seat to begin with, made all the more so by the fact that it is apparent he has come down with a cold in the last 24 hours. Made even more interesting by the fact that Rocco appears to have a cough-vomit reflex which sees him vomit... oh.... 10-15 times a day/night in order to clear phlegm from his throat. Awesomely awesome stuff to consider when eyeing down a cramped economy cabin. For 24 hours. Oh. And he also refuses to sleep anywhere except for his bed next to a cuddly penguin that is larger than he is so no chance of making weight restrictions on this trip. And then when I land I'm going to have hair ripped out of most of the pores on my body to reveal a blindingly white skin to the masses of tanned Adelaide and my large collection of bruises. Dear god – how did i get so clumsy? That thing on my shin is HUGE and blue and I have no idea where it came from, so insignificant (And regular) are my skirmishes with chairs and sharp corners. But when did the awful bruising begin? Could my descent into nanahood already have begun?




Sorry. I am about to enter the familiar panic zone which is travelling to the opposite of the globe with a young child in a sardine can under the constant weight of everyone else’s irritation . I have only a tacit grip on my sanity.



I have promised dave that I will update the boy’s blog with Rocco pics every day, but I think we all know that aint gonna happen, but I will try my damndest to do it. Once at the very least. But 99% of my readers, do not fear, you shall be seeing himself and myself on Friday night as we devour vegetarian calzones at the European.

xxh

6 comments:

Alex and Alex Aranchikov said...

OMG - I want to devour vegetarian calzones at the European. Dear god I want to!!! Actually, I would choose the red pepper gnocchi that has been off the menu for about 8 years now, but they still make it for me.

European in MY first stop when back in Radelaideville. How sad, I am already planning the meals that are going to tip me over the edge into total heffa-ville and that I'll be working off at the gym for the next 22 years.

Have fun feather and f%$#k all the rude starers if the Rock turbo-vomits the whole time. You're gonna have a ball!

xoxo

Mezzle said...

I can't, won't, will never stop being jealous that you're doing this sans moi. I have GOT to get over this. Love you babe, can't wait to see you in the A-Dam for some awesomeness part deux. When are you back by the way?

Kirstin said...

oooh, haven't read your blog for a while so when i saw the heading of your latest addition i thought you were leaving the country and getting hitched! entertaining as always, this blog has pride of place on quite a short 'favourites' list on the left of my screen.

Anonymous said...

Yipeeee.... Come on down :o)
Yip Yip Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

err.. That was Nadsie by the way

Beth said...

Oh my GOD! How did I miss this post?!

You are long gone by now, no doubt having a total ball down in Adelaide, so I won't comment on how I agree with Al to FUCK the arseholes who stare and judge. Oh, wait....just did.

ANYWHOOO! Have FUN!! SOO MUCH FUN!! But not too much....must save some for Amsterdam!

xoxoxoxo