Friday, July 17, 2009

Technology Hell

I'm on a roll of my technology beloveds dying around me. Again.

- my iPod died. It rattles. How? Why? The car requires millimetre perfect parking in order to get the pram by it. Sometimes Dave does not do this well. After our huge night out on Monday, he did not do this well. I lifter the pram, herculean-style, over my head to get pass the car. Forgot Ipod was in a pocket of it... SMASH!

- My computer has died. After increasing it's threats to not turn on, yesterday saw it give up finally. Which leaves my computerless. (As technically MY computer is already dead as of 6 months ago and THe one that just died was Dave's hand-me-down)

-The television died. THen mysteriously came back to life 4 hours later. It is increasingly of this habit which is a bit worrying and one suspects that it won't resurrect itself in the near future. Dave is praying for it to get through the golf/cricketing bonanza weekend ahead.

- HOWEVER i saved my external hard-drive without having to fork out £200 for data recovery services. It involved a letherman, fine motor skills and a new £17 external casing from amazon. I love you amazon

Anyway, all is well. Got an extension of another week here and looks likely that we might move into a nice house down the road for the next year all going well. Goot afly as only got 5 minutes allownace on Dave's new computer and have booked Fred in for a swimming session in 10 minutes.


Huge night on Monday night? Pic below is a part explanation. Will maybe write more on that a bit later if i can be arsed.

xxxH

5 comments:

Beth said...

I have no idea who those people are...but Heather, you look SMOKIN'!

xoxo

Geordy and Pete said...

ooooo classy!

can not wait to hear about it so you better write about it.

you look beautiful.

monday night! you dirty stop out.

x

Anonymous said...

Is that the Magnificent "Oooh Ahhh' man himself????
Heather you party animal...

Anonymous said...

Bravo on the external hard drive. That was the major achievement of the week. Who cares about pics with Glenn McGrath. Sue

Alex and Alex Aranchikov said...

ah, the good ol technology hand me downs. It is my lot in life to also receiver all Al's tech hand me downs. The only NEW thing I've had in the last years in memory was my iPhone.

Yah on the big night out & house down the road.. Yes - pics & stories of big night out with Glenn mcGrath & co please. Looking H-O-T-T-O-G-O!

xx