Friday, July 10, 2009

D to the OT. P to the OINTS.

· I really need to update what im watching/listening to. I finished that book 17 years ago.

· I really need to update my 25 fav books and the twat-y comments I put under them.

· Had to get a yahoo email account in order to join a Yahoo Group (for big-breasted women who love Tupperware, Robbie Williams and Ear-cleaning) and have discovered how superior yahoo mail is to hotmail. However because I am lazy and know how annoying it is to have to remember to update email addresses, will keep that email address private to me and faux-snakeskin wearing forum buddies.

· Had a week of ups and downs in the house hunt. Landlord managed to sell the house, but is still waiting for contracts to exchange so we are able to stay in the place until Sunday. The house we had planned on moving into fell through at the last moment (they decided to rent out to family). Leaving us up shit creek, no paddle. WELL there is a paddle and that paddle takes shape in the form of the Tabard Centre. You remember the open-plan, murder-flat e lived in London Bridge? Well luckily (??) we have been unable to rent it out so for the short-term we move back there. Which is good to have a fall-back, but I can’t even begin to explain ho unexcited I am by the prospect of 73 flights of stairs, no bedrooms and the constant sirens of the cops responding to the stabbings down Old Kent Road. Dave, on the other hand, is gleefully rubbing his hands as he imagines moving away from suburbia back in to the gaybourhood and talking about buying makeshift sheds to erect on the mezzanine level in place of bedrooms for the long-term. In terrified response to Dave’s hints dropped here and there - like selling that second table as it won’t be needed in the Tabard Centre – I have taken to hugging my garden in quiet moments. Plus on top of this battle of wills, I shall be forced to be without phone or internet for the foreseeable future until plans are made. No provider who offers less than a 12 month contract without asking that you hand over your child’s college fund.

· Did seriously just write College Fund? I don’t even know what that is.

· Why the hell can’t there be one standard size for paperbacks and one standard size for hardbacks? Seriously. Trying to tetris my books into boxes is causing me no end of grief.

· I’m a bit nervous about the fact that anyone with even vaguely normal vision would be able ot spy the poor attempts of mine to remove crayon from most alls of the house.

· To those people have suggested that perhaps it is time to start trying for a girl, I suggest that they try first. And when they find themselves with 2 sick kids, screaming and hanging off them, THEN we can discuss a 3rd. No seriously. Not even a consideration until Rockodile is in school (by which point I suspect we ain’t going to want to go ‘back there’ to those ‘dark days’)

· Bec Ramsey (nee Twaites) who I’m sure y’all remember from school (seeing as most of my friends did drama or choir) has been holding her own in blogland for a little while. She writes REAL good, take great pics and most depressing of is that she lives in France. For real. My dream = Her life. Bitch. The blog is called ‘Is there any such thing as too much cheese?’ which I note that no-one has tried to answer for her. So in the spirit of goodwill, I give her my thoughts:
1. In France? No.
2. In America? Yes. Any of their cheese it too much cheese. It is rank.
3. In an hour? Depends on the cheese. If you ate quarter of a wheel of Brie de Meaux in an hour it would be far too much and likely to turn you off a cheese no cheese lover should ever abstain from. However if you were to eat a similar amount of Welsh Caerphilly in an hour I reckon you would still be reaching for more as I am suggesting that you simply MUST try it with a bit of that fig stuff. Mmm.
4. For Fred? Yes. Any cheese is too much cheese, even if it is in individually-wrapped string form with an amusing face imprinted on it.
5. For Dave? Yes. Any more than 6 pieces in an evening (3 blue, 3 other) with a glass of Pedro Ximenez sherry is too much.
6. For Me? Unknown. Hae yet to hit a wall prior to running out of cheese in the house.

· I am trying to recover from writing the word ‘nee’. How did it come to this? How did we get so old to be doing things like get married?? To boys??... then I remember that I have not one but two children and am probably freaking everyone else out even more so. Rest assured people, every Friday night I’m still out the back with my glowsticks, chuppa-chups chanting Delerium songs.

5 comments:

B said...

This is a proud, proud moment for me. I am on Heather's blogroll. I am now in the upper eschelons, among peers of blogging greatness such as Georgia and Mez. I feel speeecial.
You're right - no-one has tried to answer my cheese-quantity theorum but I did just do a quick count of the number of cheeses in my fridge at this moment in time: seven. Pas mal!

Geordy and Pete said...

hello darling,
loved the update.

that is pooey about house. but just think TABBARD CENTRE!!!!!! it definitely does have its great points. fred will think he is heaven with space to run. i love the tabbard centre and just think you will be closer to bourough markets!

i think it is funny you have a count down for the new moon thingy. haven't got into it but must do.

hope the moving stuff goes ok. it is stressful as the best of times. maybe you need your moving buddies?????

x

nat said...

I am drunk off of cheap white wine while I write this. Just an F.Y.I.

I will shut the F*** up about you making a girl forever. In fact, will go so far as to say that I will make one before I taunt you into it again. Agreed?

Moving sucks. Moving. SUUUUUCKS. Especially when you have a whole HOUSE of moving. Moving a whole house with two little screeching boys in tow? I can only imagine that makes the task even SUUUUUUUUUCKIER!!!

But thank the Lord that you have somewhere to fall, no? Even if it is the haunted Tabard Centre in Gaytown.

*I secretly cross my fingers that you are still there when the Captain and I come in September. I told him the tale and he had nightmares for weeks. Imagine if her were to be forced to stay in the tower for one night?? THAT thought brings me GLEEEEE!! *

**I am clearly a (drunk) sick individual.**

LOTS of love. xoxo

-Auntie Ba-Ba

Alex and Alex Aranchikov said...

Echo above sentiments. Moving Sucks! But Tabbard Centre is good (although, I slept in the murder bathroom without too much of a care - although if I recall, I wasn't given the whole story till part way through visit). Its got great open plan, rustic charm. Although I understand your need for practicality with the two little darlings.

Was that me who wrote about the trying for a girl. I think it was?!! He he he.

Pedro Ximenez + cheese = my two FAVOURITE things in the world. I want some some, rich, delish Pedro right now...haven't attempted to locate in Queenstown. Found some in Sydney after we drank the supply we brought home from Spain dry in about 2 weeks. Its great with cheese, chocolate, poured over vanilla bean ice cream, etc etc. The list goes on....

Seriosuly, good luck with it all. And check out the canellation fees for internet access. We've signed a 2-year contract and the termination fee is only $200. Which beats buying pre-paids, etc etc.

xxx

Anonymous said...

In short: NO such thing as too much chese. YES there is such a thing as too much cheese in the mouth at one time as Mez & Vee can vouch for...

Boo to not having more kiddies. I am out of the game being a born again virgin so you can't tell me to go first mwha ha ha...

Heather come home.... I miss you XXX Nadsie