Sunday, April 13, 2008

more than i can chew?

it dawned on me today that when Number Two comes along, there is some expectation that I begin a new blog for him/her. Not particularly from any of you lot as I'm pretty sure you stopped looking at these blogs a long, long time ago - but from myself. As a first-hand knowledge holder of what it's like to be in 1000 less photos than your bigger sister, it wouldn't really be fair to Number Two to not give them a blog. Which leads me to conclude that I might need surgery to remove that finger.

that being said, it has dawned on me during the writing of this post that I am sick to death of referring to this miracle of love in my belly as 'Number Two'. It seems cruel and altogether far too amusing. Not in a scatalogical way, but in an Austin Powers way. Tee Hee. So I think we should all help me convince Dave that the envelope which details Number Two's sex should be opened (And no, holding it up to the light doesn't work). His email is david.ligertwood@essentiallygroup.com

Doing this would also save me a lot of time in looking through those baby names books. As naming Fred was hard enough, we simply cannot find enough names we like - let alone agree on - to whittle it down to a final list or two. Middle names are sorted, last name is a given, but inspiration for that all important first name eludes us. Which has given rise to some rather amusing conversations these past couple of months. For example, we have considered calling him/her:

Pip Ligertwood (by far the male name which we find most amusing)
BigBird Ligertwood (... and the oscar goes to 'BigBird!!')
Amy Ligertwood II
Colon Ligertwood
Johnson Ligertwood
David David George Coutts Ligertwood
Jesus Ligertwood
Adolf Ligertwood

Which whilst a bit cruel, probably ain't too far off the genuine list of names that Dave wrote out for consideration:

Leroy Ligertwood (which sadly, we both actually liked....)
Reggie Ligertwood (at which point I suggested Jughead)
Larry Ligertwood
Hank Ligertwood
Gordon Ligertwood

From which we can conclude that a) Dave won't be naming Number Two andb) Dave is in denial at possibility of him having a daughter.

Anyway - all this being said, this is probably the full extent of name-chatter I will put on this blog seeing as we have also decided to keep our final choices to ourselves. It's no fun when you tell someone a name you are genuinely considering and they 'veto' it (as though it's their decision!!). We figure that when the day comes and we all tell you, y'all be to be too polite to do anything other than tell us how clever we are!

Did I mention that it FULLY snowed last Sunday. Like fluffy snow for hours and hours? And that last Sundy it was my Birthday! That it SNOWED on my BIRTHDAY. Pretty special (considering i haven't seen snow in London since last winter). Lesson: God thinks Heather Anders is SPECIAL.
This a photo of me and Fred at Doonie and Kate's wedding chosen for no other reason that I look pretty.


4 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

you look so beautiful!
I am loving your blog action. it brightens my day.
The thought of having more heather blogs to look at just excites me.
love ya
x

Beth said...

I will email Dave 3 times a day until he agrees to open the envelope.
And um..I will never veto another one of your name suggestions again.
Even Leroy.

Anonymous said...

I am the person reading your blog that happens to be in between books! Excellent psychic work Heather. I haven't had internet for a MONTH because we moved house and internet companies suck, so this is pretty exciting for me right now. That is a damn fine photo too. More blogs aplenty. ox
PS. My vote is for Jughead or Great Uncle Bulgaria, but anything you go for is alright with me.

Anonymous said...

PS that was Laura. Above. It looks like not using internet for a month puts you a bit out of practice.