Saturday, April 05, 2008

an example of bad blogging

in an effort to get back into all this im going to do a stream of consciousness thing.

i can crack an egg whilst holding a baby on my hip. That means I'm doing it one-handed, people.

i tried to figure out what I wanted for my birthday this year and came to the conclusion that I want nothing. Seriously. Normally id dribble over the prospect of some new clothes or shoes but when your body is steadily inflating to the point of mu-mus and orthodontic sandals, whats the point? Mind you - I can always depend on a few of my obsessions for guidance such as CDs (elbow, hot chip) or a book (cormac mccarthys blood meridian). BUT - I literally dont want or need anything else... I just cant think. Maybe a tart tin as id like to start baking tarts. Or a MacBook Pro. Hahahahaha.... No harm in putting that out there. Oh or a book of babysitting vouchers. Or Mary Poppins. Oh dear god, I would kill for Mary Poppins.

London is seriously awesome. Its nice to be back. Yesterday was 17 degrees and the fact that summer is around the corner is enough to make me wet my pants a little. Well, lots of things these days make me do that(like laughter) , so its not saying much. Mind you being the size and speed of a pregnant whale during the heat is not something I am looking forward to.

The return itself to London was a nightmare. Not only did Fred power-chuck on the flight home (aint nothing quite like sitting in the smell of vomit for 14 hours) but we returned home to find the painting of our flat only half finished and therefore everything we owned piled into the centre of one room and covered in dust. Which would have been deal-able if three of our windows hadnt shattered in a mini-hurricane that swept through London when we were away, thereby allowing the minus 3 degree weather to freely circulate the flat. Which, again, would have been deal-able if the boiler was working. Yes, we had no heat and it was a public holiday and no services were up and running. So in our bleary-eyed jet lag all we could do was go to bed. Suffice to say, that first night of us all huddled under 3 duvets in the middle of the room was a long one. Tears were definitely shed.

BUT almost 2 weeks on and things are pretty much back to normal. We've worked our arses off to get the flat ready for sale and can now sit back and relax a little bit. Was particularly challenging trying to get the windows fixed (we need council approval to use a cherry picker! Argh!) and I came down with a bug for a few days which saw me vomiting and as weak as a kitten. Here are the pretty photos of all our hard work.

i cooked minestrone (a la jamie) and rhubarb crumble last night. Both were pretty good. And I cooked so much of each that it looks like they are tonights dinner as well. And tomorrow nights.

Thats it. for now Im currently spending all my computer time looking for rental properties in Dulwich, so must get back to it....

No comments: