Monday, May 28, 2007

Supersize Me

So I found myself in a Borders bookstpre the other day (imagine that! ME in a bookstore!) and is Fred bleating away for his all important feed, I took refuge in the second floor Starbucks. TO legitimise my presence I bought myself a coffee. At the counter, deperately tryign to smother Fred's indignant screeching I absentmindedly ordered a 'Medium' latte. I didn't look up, I shoved the money across and a dummy into the Little Man's mouth and walked to the counter to retrieve my coffee. What was placed in front of me was enough coffee to keep greater London awake for 48 hours. The thing must have 15cm tall. THIS was a medium?! WHen did this happen? How can someone drink so much coffee in one sitting. THe lesson (beyind 'Avoid Starbucks') was order small. In an age of gluttony, where value is perceived in volume and it's subsequent wastage, order small.

And as an aside for Goergia and Pete... this evening with the Jamiesons we cracked the Cranium casing and played the game for the FIRST TIME. Great game, inspired purchase.

1 comment:

Me said...

oh but Heather you must try a soya caramel macchiato...I recommend, though as Starbucks are a scary big, drown the little man, company (not to mention expensive!!!), I have been teaching myself to visit the coffee man outfront of Stratford tube station and you know what he is brilliant!!!