Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Book Ends

Tonight I finished The Secret River by Kate Grenville, a gift from Mr. Kym Kelly. Shortlisted for the Booker Prize, well written, suspensful and historical... it was BRILLIANT. And at the risk of turning a well-worn cliche, it's a book all Australians should read. Plus a good portion of it is set in the Borough, my neck of the London woods, with Bermondsey Street getting a mention. What more could you want from a book?

I also saw how Foie Gras is 'made' and don't think I will ever touch it's deliciousness again. Horrendus.

Fred continues with his daily marvels, a few pearlers coming out today. But you'll have to wait a week for his half-year birthday to hear them.

We're off to the Mosel Valley near Frankfurt next weekend to catch up with Dave's Parents Ginny and Andy which I am most looking forward. No doubt my school girl German will help us should any of the enquire if I play chess or what my favourite musical group is.

Must go. Eastenders is on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kezza now has laptop so the days of blog maybe beginning. Yay

Me said...

is the missy higgins cd any good, I have no time for music these days, am still waiting for an ipod!!!!!!!! ;-)

p.j.r said...

I know I know, I've been slack.
I'm spending all my time trying to find a place to live, a job and a way to get my butt to London.
So far: 0 for 3, but i feel pretty good about them all.

p.j.r said...

Also, while I am surprised that no one else has mentioned it, I have to give you credit for posting Lionel Richie videos on your 'sites of interest'. That just made my day. I watched it twice.