Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Living the Life

It’s no secret that I dribble over DVDs the same way other women do shoes. And since the advent of Dave, although my purchasing of them has not slowed, the watching of them definitely has. And one thing I have probably not watched for well over 2 years is anything resembling a ‘Special Feature’. Until this week. I’ve found myself feeling a bit under the weather and therefore with no motivation to use my spare time cleaning or cooking. And as daytime television is an absolute waste of time, even with over 100 channels (besides the midday daily episodes of House and Scrubs) I found myself twiddling my thumbs. Yesterday I found myself putting the special Features disc of Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Mans Chest (having watched the film last week in preparation for the third part of the trilogy this Thursday at Scream Screen). And it was brilliant. With 20 minute bits and pieces on whatever took my fancy throughout the past 2 days, it was just a perfect little escape from day to day drudgery (not to mention confirming my thoughts that Johnny Depp is the most amazing thing ever). I am now feeling enthused about a future of watching the special features of many of my other DVDs. Life in the fast lane, I know, I know.

And on an aside, this looks good.


This picture is an example of living vicariously through your child. Grover WILL be the favourite toy, oh yes, he will. I'm going to sew him a little cape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather,

I was so proud that you could have answered all my quiz questions (although the results remain to be seen) and, having seen the lastest Pirate installment last night I promise you Scream Screen will be an event! The story is disasrously convoluted but who the hell cares?? It was awesome.

Love Pipi
PS: I love Johnny more than you

Geordy and Pete said...

love you grover.

where is this though.

this is not your rug. nor your chair.

mmm. is this at beautiful oasis Victor?

keep cooking and keep up the updates.
x