Thursday, April 26, 2007

Today's Lesson:

Its admittedly pretty sad, but I go through my day often wondering what the next post will be about. These past few days have been no exception. I've been thinking about my next entry - in fact this very entry - I can't pull myself away from wanting to talk about Mascara. I know, I know. A card carrying member of the 1st world, I am. But I keep coming back to it, its driving me insane and I have come to the conclusion that unless I share it, it may never go away. So here it is:

Mascara:
I wear very little make-up - in fact, besides the white sealant I put under my eyes each morning to cover up the bags that developed from 5 months of crap sleep, the only make-up I do wear is mascara. And on Monday I bought mascara so good that it has transcended my mistake of buying it in a brown shade. YES – it’s that good. Now I know that the cosmetic savvy people in the world will probably roll-their-eyes-DUH! (as apparently this is well known as THE mascara to have), Max Factor’s Masterpiece Mascara is dope. It’s the best stuff (by) far I have ever come across, so good that it would be a crime for me not to give it it’s own blog.. I find myself removing the mascara, at some point during the day, simply so I can re-apply it.

PHEW! Thank god I got that out of my system. Im slightly embarrassed by it, but I don’t think I had much choice but to write it.. Maybe I can move on now.

All is well. Cooked a very British (well, Irish) Corned Beef with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts last night and going to make carrot and coriander soup tonight, using the new hand mixer I bought the other day (In anticipation of Fred’s imminent move into solids). I went to Scream Screen this morning with a fellow mum, Pascale, and we saw that German flick that everyone is raving about ‘The Lives of Others’ and thoroughly enjoyed it. Probably the best movie I have seen in quite a while. Mind you, the last two films I’ve seen were 300 (OH.MY.GOD.AVOID.THIS.AVOID.THIS) and Hot Fuzz (pretty good).

THat 'WhatI'm Reading' picture ot the right is making me feel guilty. Because I haven't really opened it since I got through the first few pages just before I left Adelaide... Hmmm. Maybe those pics are a bad idea. Eh! - I'm full of them so whats one more?

3 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

um. ok.

I am not going to complain about the content because I realise now I don't care what you write as long as you blog something!

I feel fickle.

love ya and your mascara loving ways.

x

Beth said...

I like mascara...but I also like pictures. Maybe you can put up some pictures of your new mascara?!

Philippa said...

Heather!

The Lives of Others was indeed very good! What's his face German man was also right spunky. But more importantly, it was interesting, intellectual etc (nah most imporatntly: he was really hot. )

Mascara is good, but mine ain't so good.

I'm glad we are facebook friends.

Love Pipi