Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Birthday: Part One - The Pub

On the first day of my birthday celebrations we headed out to a local pub - The Robin Hood - for some dinner and a few drinks. I'm not normally one to spread my birthday over a few days (ah-hem!) but the culmination of a number of factors: welcome back to adelaide, built-in gandparent babysitters, a celebration of my return to drinking and the fact that my actual birthday fell on Good Friday (when all drinking extablisments are closed), meant that more than one occassion was called for. These photos should start to explain why it was that on the following day, at my birthday bbq, I nursed orange juices and water all day long.

It was an excellent birthday this year - a 10 out of 10 - I had the most amazing time and thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate it. It would not have been the same without you. We kicked off at 8pm and had until midnight when the pub kicked us out. I did myself proud in those short 4 hours. By the time 12 rolled around, I was flitting round from person to person, taking photos (and saying 'straight to the blog for this one') and trying to convince everyone to continue the party back at the 'SHED! SHED! SHED!'....

Nancy and her 'Work Colleague' Peter.


Georgia don't do nothing by halves.

Eleanor and Sam. Before he passed out in his car.

No Pete, that is not Elle McPhearson! It's Olivia my sister you nincompoop!

SMILE!! Aww, Rach, Jackie and Todd head straight to the blog with this shot.

My sexy little Dave, some random tall dude and Ricey. This was the only publishable photo of Ricey as in all the others he was trying to have his way with my man.

Eleanor and Kate. Or is it Kate and Eleanor? Im confused too.


See!? Eleanor CAN take an average photo. She isnt healped by standing next to a SUPERmodel.

Craig McLachlan and his groupies. He's still got it!


Nancy regrets leaving her calculator at home. She did not expect Pete to ask her to say her 26 times tables and is embarrassed to be stumped on 34 x 26 (it's 884 Nancy! Duh!)

Eleanor sticks her gargantuian head in the frame at the last minute.

Two old men.

Not the best photo of Rach adn Jackie, but this is probably a good thing seeing as your eyes would probably start to bleed if it was a true likeness (bleed in a good way)


Jess bought Heather a pretty red bag which she uses ALL the time and gets comments on. In fact, she gets so many comments she has stopped telling people that it was a gift and started saying 'I Know, I saw it and couldn't resist etc.'


Nancy and her 'old friend' Lachy.

We both look way more sober than we are. We have eachother in a vice-like grip of support.

Sooo... what happened next? Did Heather convince the pub to go back to the SHED! SHED! SHED!?? or Did Heather go home to be with Fred? You'll have to wait for the next exciting installment.....

3 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

woo hoo.

that was a great night.

fun fun fun.

lovely to see the 'straight to the pool room' photos.

x

Geordy and Pete said...

Come on I am inpatient.

What happens next?

I can't remember.

x

p.j.r said...

ooh oohhh. Part two pleasea