Sunday, April 18, 2010

LOL

Well Ladies and Gents, I have been given the official go ahead to blog-up the news that we Anderwoods are moving back to Adelaide. The boys and I touchdown on June 3, the little lady follows 2 weeks later. A lot has happened in my life these past 5 years in London, im equal parts excited and terrified about moving back. Well, mostly excited, it’s just that those small little bits of terrified seem to scream pretty loudly. I am very looking forward to having friends and family again and being able to do little things like get an hour to cut my hair or even go to the movies. OMG!!


But will be very sad to leave London - for a whole host of reasons, one of which is missing a final London summer. This past week has delivered some sensational weather, sun every day, t-shirts and today a dress! And all weather jokes aside, if there is one thing London does well - it is summer. Whilst the actual sunny days are few, I honestly believe that when the sun is in the sky, oh why oh why, would you want to be anywhere else? London comes alive and it is sensational.

Unfortunately though, not much I am able to do. For even though today couldn’t be sunnier, I am stuck to the house. For dave is stranded somewhere on the west coast of Ireland as volcanic ash empties the London skies. And not looking like moving anytime soon. Today he began his own little Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Drive to the Cork, ferry to Wales (10 hours! Standing room only!), then a train to London or something like that. However perhaps this is penance seeing as the delay meant he had an extra two days in an area that has 3 of the best golf courses in the world within rambling distance. Poor thing.

Oh. And I guess the major headline is that we cut Rocco’s hair. All off. See ya later bouffant. There is some forgotten rationale behind the rash move, but the result was shocking. It is literally like we have a new kid in my house and what the hell did he do to Rocco? It is bizarre the difference simply hair can make. However, a week on, I have come to love it. Although I miss those long, wavy locks – so primed for ruffling – the bruiser boy, unhidden by sweet curls, has been revealed and he is not only stupid cute, but has facial expressions that silence the room.

I may have gone a bit overboard in the photo department. I'm sure there won't be any complaints.

BEFORE:


 



IT BEGINS.....


shauna-lee from sydney. she does all our hair. rocco is rocking a cockfighter top. Well, we WERE on Bermondsey Street. Respect.



THE RESULT:













 i kid, i kid.  But can you imagine?  I wish we had left it like that. If only for a week or so. Anyway:
IT CONTINUES:

























 
he's actually really excited here. he does this a lot.
 
obviously that gunk in hair was washed out and it is a pretty bog stadard cut. will post some photos on that other blog soon of it all au natural
 

6 comments:

Beth said...

This bright, sunny post - although brings sad news to my North American heart about your big Down Under move - just blew all of the volcanic ash from my withering heart.

Rocco is gorgeous. Yes, the bouffant was spec-tac-u-lar, but LOOK AT HIM!! He's a little MAN!! NOW i can see him running amok and pushing over the other kids in the playground. Breaking hearts (watch out, Satine!) and taking names.

Thank you, THANK YOU for this. Absolutely brilliant.

Now...let's continue this positive energy towards Iceland....

xoxooxoox

Geordy and Pete said...

no way!

can not believe the difference!

you look so handsom Roc!

is that a little munchie smile I see?

I loved the mullet. Rocking it out with the hip dudes on bermondsey. i love that you troop back there to get hair done.

Can Satine have the cockfighter signet as hand me down. prrrettttyyy pllleassse.

x

ps- come home already

x

B said...

I can't believe how different Rocco looks! He is freaking gorgeous by the by and should be the face of anything boy-child related. I'd buy whatever he's selling.
That toothy grin would be the undoing of me - how do you refuse him anything!?

Exciting news about moving back to Aus. A big deal. Best of luck.

oh - I hope some of your guests made it despite mother nature spewing her ash-y PMT all over Europe.

Mezzle said...

I must admit I uttered a plaintive moan at the thought of Rocco's chop. But it's gorgeous to be able to see his little face in all its glory.

Don't lllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaavvvvvveeee meeeeeeeeeeee hhhhheeeeeeeerrrrrreeeeeee!

Beth said...

God, this post brightens my every day. I can just look at it over and over again til the end of time...

...but I miss Freddie's face. So more of him, please.

Mez, mine and Nat's next European vacation is Edinburgh. More specifically, your spare bedroom. Just need to get there before YOU leave!

P.S. My word verification word is "spadeedi"! heehee!!

Verity Slee said...

oh my god.... HE IS SO AWESOME! LOVE the photos!!!!! A big move honey. I been thinking about you. A good move though Featherbel! GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxox