Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow!

Look, I know if you're from Canada your ganna be all 'you call that snow?' etc. BUT what has happened here in the last 24 hours (and is still happening) is more snow than I've ever seen in London. This stuff isn't melting after an hour - in fact more and more is coming!! It is so beautiful nad Fred nad I have spent a lot of time just watching it and giggling at how beautiful it is. Hopefully it stops soon so I can rug up Monkey1 and let him have a play. In the meantime me and hte boys have decided to rug-up in our dressing gowns, do some colouring-in, watch some dvds and eat popcorn.

these were taken at about 8.30pm last night. Normally it would be pitch black outside, but it was as though someone forgot to turn the lights out (lesson: white reflects light).


this morning. from the dining room window (onto the back yard)
out the front window

there be car in this picture.

buzzy bee, this weather is just not for thee








3 comments:

Beth said...

Amazing! The boys look so cozy! How lovely is your back garden?!

You're absolutely right, being from Canada I am jaded to the sight of snow. Especially this far into winter (we have been dumped on multiple times...and it's consistently -20 degrees). But your photos bring back that snuggly feeling that I have around Christmas time, when the snow is still soft and white, not slushy and grey.

I can't wait to see pictures of Fred having a good romp in the magic that is a little boy's first snow fall.

xoxo

p.j.r said...

Well, if it makes you feel better we experienced a similar 'freak' snow fall here in Vancouver, with similar results. No transit, cars in the ditches everywhere, Canadian Tire being completely sold out of shovels etc etc.
The rest of Canada may be able to handle it, but I'm a West Coast wimp now and two days of this was enough to make me sick of winter!!

(But now it's Sunny and 8 degrees, with signs of spring on the horizon, so I'm not complaining)

Anonymous said...

These photos are beautiful! Your house is beautiful! yOur boys are beautiful... and of course Feather- you too now hurry up and get your arse to Radelaide! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx V