Sunday, December 14, 2008

Biting huge mouthfuls, still able to chew... just

this week I wasted the time I normally reserve for putting photos up on the blogs putting them up on Facebook instead. I've got a bit of a love/hate relationship with Facebook - on the one hand I think it's absolutely great way to chat with your mates and re-connect with old friends. But somehow I have 240 friends (?? yeah right) and a good chunk of those are people are distant acquaintances I'm unlikely to ever talk to again, let alone post something on their wall. And for that reason I'm not crash hot on posting photos on there, inundating people's feeds with pictures of someone's kids who they don't give a shite about. (Hypocritical I admit as I sort of love looking at people long-gone from my past, seeing what they are doing, looking at their babies etc.) But my point is that as I put some effort in to run these little blogs, I'm going to be faithful to them - as not only are they a record I have forever, but becasue I know that the people who look here are the people who care.

And also because none of the nanas have profiles on Facebook yet.

Anyway, I'm not to crash-hot on working my Facebook settings, but I believe that the photo album is meant to be 'public' and one that anyone can look at. So if you click here, those who have resisted the Facebook's siren song should be able to view 60 photos of the little lads named Rocco and Fred (though I suspect half of them have already been posted) from the past 4 months, since Rock was born.

love to your mother,
Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some truly scrummy boys you have made there.

my christmas cards also still well inside their boxes and given that i have managed to lose my address book, looks like they are staying there!!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your facebook comments Huther. Boo to Facebook....
Now I just gotta get off my lazy arse and Blog goddammit Blog...
Blog like ye nere Blogged afore wee lad.
I still have my last picture with Jimmylad

Geordy and Pete said...

um. need upadte now.
can't wait any longer please.
whats been happening?
x