Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Top 25 Most Played Songs on iTunes

Because it's my blog, i can do posts like this which are an absolute waste of time:






All in all, I agree with this list. Well, of course I do seeing as it's a magical list that I do not know how to fudge even if i tried to. Oh. Hold on. I just listen to certain songs on repeat. Right. Anyway - I didn't do this, cos where would the fun in that be? Sure, I could have made myself look cooler (dammit - where's all the radiohead?) but I'm not ashamed of my love for Christina.
And the list also supports the fact that I rarely listen to albums in their entirety anymore*. Since my music collection lasts over 34 days and getting from one album to the next doesn't seem to happen fast enough, I tend to mostly listen to playlists i've created -thus no album has more than one song in my top 25. Which is a little bit sad as I think you lose a lot by cutting and changing so much. It's just that there is too much good stuff!!
However I must query entry 25. I can't have listened to Billy Ocean more than once. Ok, maybe twice.... 3 times tops. It is rather fun that song. BUT i maintain that there is no way I listened to it more times that a number of the songs which make up my top 50 (which I can post if you demand it). This is supported by the appearance of position 23 - Adam and the Ants? WTF? I don't even know what this song sounds like. Perhaps Dave has been stealing my iPod from time to time cos otherwise it makes no sense.
Oh - and has anyone tried the new Genius function on iTunes? Hmmm.
*on my iPod that is. at home I usually blast CDs through the house. For example the new (and brilliant) Elbow album should only be listened to in it's entirity and on repeat.
update
ah. number 23 and 25 are both on the Ultimate 80s Album (cheers patricia). Which explains a lot, although doesnt explain how the Bangles and Europe ranked lower... eh. all too confusing.

No comments: