Thursday, March 15, 2007

2 More Sleeps till Plane-time (including the one I am about to have when I press 'Publish')

  • After almost 26 years of sucessfully never having one, this time last week I had an ingrown toenail. The pain of which can only be understood by someone else who has had one. Considering the miniscule area of injury, is totally unreasonable pain. So I spent the large part of the weekend limping, tending to my big toe and wimpering in pain. Today? Another ingrown toe. Same place, different foot. You wouldn't believe it.

  • Lately at night, when I am lying in bed trying to sleep, I think of my little Fred, blissfully asleep a few feet away. And I start to miss him. I kid you not - even though I spend every waking minute catering to his every need - the minute I have time to myself... I don't want it! I actually sit there sort-of hoping that he wakes up so I have to take his sweet little body in my arms and rock him back to sleep. I never expected to feel like this, and I wonder if I will be able to enjoy the freedom that having two sets of grandparents at hand will give me for the next month....Actually. WIth a few drinks in me, I'm sure it will be quite fine. So long as my friends dont mind me boring them with Fred stories.

7 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

1 more sleep now!!!!!

x o x

Beth said...

I'm jealous of Georgia and Pete and all of your family and friends!! I wish you could do a stop over here so I can listen to you blabbing about Fred!! Promise....PROMISE that when I come, even though he'll be right there that you'll talk about him non-stop. I wish you, Dave and Fred the best on your trip. Take care and have a blast!!

Me said...

oh we are missing Heatherisms over here.... :-) Hope you are having a great time over there, you missed a cold snap (be thankful)
Oh and I am the proud mummy of twins........guinea pigs, though so I doubt that counts!! :-)

Geordy and Pete said...

um- so what that you are in australia.

no excuse for not blogging!

x

Beth said...

I MISS HEATHER!! I WANT MORE HEATHER!!! MORE, MORE, MORE!!!! Georgia...please get Hez to punch a little something out for everyone in blog land.

xoxox

Me said...

Give someone a little sun and they give up their blog! Come on Heatherette gets some blogging, even if you just tell us the weather and that Fred did some cute faces :-)

p.j.r said...

I agree. Taking Fred on his first vacation should be even MORE reason to blog, so that we can all hear about it.
Are real people more important that us 'virtual' folk?