Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Don't Feel LIke Dancing? Yeah, Right..

Every time I listen to the Scissor Sister's new(ish) album Ta-Tah, I am struck by the catchiness of their first single - 'I Dont Feel Like Dancing'. It makes me smile. Because Dancing is exactly what the song makes you feel like doing. I can't remember a song which has causes me to break into involuntary bum wiggles every time i hear it. Such wit! It has the sensibilities and feel of a great 70s Elton song (who we all know I love and have flagged as one of 10 artists to play at my posthumous benefit concert) with a more modern feel. In fact, the whole album is a toe-tapping delight. Bless the Scissor Sisters. Maybe it will be them and their wiggle-inducing music that help me shed the ga-zillion pounds I have put on with having a baby.

So in going with this rather random blog, ive decided to do a top ten albums released in 2006

(note: limited to those that we own of course)
(note: 'best ofs '- such as Massive Attack, Ultimate Prince ect are left out of consideration as they are not new music.)

My Top 2006 Albums
1. Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
2 Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah
3. Artic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's WHat I'm Not
4. The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out
5. Lily Allen - Alright, Then...
6. The Fratellis - Costello Music
7. Hot Chip - The Warning
8. Jarvis Cocker - Jarvis
9. Jay-Z - Kingdom Come
10 =Raconteurs (Broken Boy Soldiers)
= Ed Hardcourt - The Beautiful Life

(note: i know, i know - having 'equal placings' is a pathetic way of making a top 11 nad passing if off as the more socially acceptable top 10)

Pending: Augie March, The Killers and JT are all purchases made in the past few weeks naand therefore not warranted the quantity of listening required to gain a place. Though both Dave and I have become a bit obsessed with the Augie March one, so chances are.... hmmm....


*****************************

An initiative called Global Cool was launched in London yesterday to try to bring about a slowdown in Global Warming. Its pretty scary the way the planet is going - I mean, London's winter this year beggars belief - and the catastrophic effect that such temperature change is manifesting in new ways every day. Who know what the world will be like when Fred is older. Perhaps polar bears will be strictly found in zoos, perhaps Amsterdam will become a modern Atlantis. Who knows? It's such an important issue, one which I believe everyone needs to address. Global Cool brings Global Warming back to it's grass roots and suggests simple ways we can each tackle lowering CO2 emmissions in our day-to-day life.

The idea is that if we each do a bit, we can all do a lot.

Here's how to be 'Global Cool'

Have a look. THere's much to be done

3 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

oh my goodness.

loving the recent blogs! yes we have heather back flowing houston.

thankyou. it makes me smile.

x

Geordy and Pete said...

the global cool really is fantastic.

easy peasy stuff to do every day.

fanks Heather.
x

Anonymous said...

Am already a fanatically environment freak! But read and saw the movie An Inconvenient Truth (a must add to your reading collections) by Al Gore and nearly started a whole new blog over it, maybe I still should!!. Am loving the warmer English summers, but at what cost... cheers Lisa :-)