Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Not Yet

I'm somewhere in an interesting place, with people watching this blog or monitoring my email reply speed to try to find some sort of inkling that I've gone into labour. Which is fair enough - it's exactly what I would do - especially seeing as I have told people that we would only spread the good news after the event (and allow people to sleep/play easily in ignorance) And I guess this is the way it will continue. But I assure you that a silence from me on hte email/blog does not necessarily mean that exciting news is imminent - you'd be surprised how well I have embraced being 'slack' and how my vacant mind cannot fathom what to write in a blog. For example - in the last 24 hours, the only topic I have thought about putting on here was Patrick Swayze. In my slow waddle back from he supermarket I got thinking about how he had been such a powerhouse in the eighties and how he is such a 'joke' now and what a raw deal that was. I mean: Dirty Dancing, Ghost and Roadhouse they are films that still hold a place in many people's hearts.

As you can see, not exactly inspiring (or point-ful) blogging. So my silence is golden in reality.

Anyway - although I am 'due' this Thursday, you can all rest easy as I can pretty much guarantee we are no where near meeting the little baby yet. He/she is still riding high (ie. not engaged which is something that needs to happen) and still kicking up a storm (they should quiet-down a little bit before birth). My gut feeling is that we are looking at least into next week. Which in some ways is good (I've got the rest of my life to enjoy motherhood, I should savour this relaxation) but also a bit frustrating (Dave and I are soooo keen to meet our child).

Anyway, I'm going to either watch some music videos, go back to bed or each a hunk of cheese right now. Probably all three. Definitely the cheese thing. Oh. Now that im thinking food, i've also got some shortbread somewhere and a pack of those baby carrots and some yoghurt.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't shove the whole block of cheese in your mouth at once!
I've done that... you were there... it wasn't pretty...

The General

Anonymous said...

I dont know about anybody else, but bring on The Swayzmeister. Maybe through your blog we can reignite Patricks dwindling career. Car boot sales are a great way of gaining interest in the public.

Anonymous said...

Cheese + Swayze = Sweese Chayze .

Think on that, Heather's baby, and then come out and meet us all and we will tell you more of this "Sweese Chayze".

If that's not tempting, I just don't know what is. Kids these days...

Geordy and Pete said...

Now I think 'it' should be called Chayze. What a beautiful name.

I want you to pop it now.

Just eat some chilli, or you know what they say about bringing on the birth....!!

Just go for it.. we been waiting 9 months now damn it.

Just be safe and don't crush Dave's hand.

xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Its my birthday tomorrow so the Swayzette should make her appearance then...
Cheers
God (aka Lisa)

p.j.r said...

I guess I should inform you all that because I am obviously winning the 'Guess the baby' facts game the Swayzer is releasing on December 3rd and NOT this thursday (after 9 hours of labour, with Dave's nose...right Heather).
Sorry folks, you'll just have to wait until Sunday.

Remember Heather, Patrick is the boy version of Patricia. It was meant to be!!

Anonymous said...

Dear All,
I have decided that since no baby on my birthday....slip up with the plans (not sure why but my technicians are working on though things are outsourced to India these days so who knows).... have decided that Heather must keep her legs crossed to enjoy cheese, Patrick and SLEEP, till Lisa gets back to UK on 4th Dec!!!
Cheers
God (aka Lisa)
ps Heather are you craving anything Australian cause I can bring it back for you....ie Cherry Ripes, Cheesels...anything!!!