Thursday, November 09, 2006

37 Weeks and Counting.....

Apologies for the slow start to November on this blog. Though I'm probably doing no more than I was doing a few weeks ago – but now I find myself unable to do anything quicker than a snails pace…. and to be honest, if I have five minutes to myself, chances are I'm going to choose to 'space out' as opposed to compose a blog entry. Sorry. HOWEVER, that being said, I'm positively setting the blog world on fire compared to a lot of those listed to my right. Slackers!! Any of them carrying a ten tonne baby in their belly? I don't think so.

Moving along….

What’s that? You want some dot points? Ohhhhh, if you insist:

- My computer has sort of broken again. Not in a debilitating way which means I have to send it back immediately, but in a way significant enough that I really should send it to be fixed. But I'm torn as I cannot imagine getting through 2 weeks without this beloved machine again. Especially seeing as I won't have access to a computer at work.... So it's still up in the air..... What to do, what to do...

- I have FINALLY gotten all the cords/cards required for me to put video footage on this computer and therefore look forward to not only editing old footage I have accumulated over the years but posting some actual clips of baby ligertwood on here.

- I am thinking that working to 38 weeks was not such a crash hot idea seeing as I literally am grunting myself all the way home which must be unpleasant for all those around me. Oh well. One more week to go now….

- Dave and I have sadly almost finished the first series of 6 Feet Under (a present from me to him) and whilst we think this means we will go about and get the 2nd series (as we've enjoyed this one so much) there is a thought that maybe we buy a totally different TV series. Any suggestions? (we probably would prefer a drama series over an out and out comedy series)

-the boiler appears to be working again (touch wood) after spending the better part of the last 3 weeks without hot water or heating, you can't imagine our joy at feeling both toasty and clean tonight.

-thank god tomorrow is Friday. FACT.

-Dave cooked dinner last night without my help AT ALL. This is a first. OK - I had to find the bowls for him as he had 'looked everywhere' for them without success (They were in the spot where they have been living for the past year), but I'm willing to overlook this.

- March plans to return to Oz have had a question mark placed after them. Turns out to get a Birth Certificate done up in this country you are looking at a 10 to 12 week wait. Add to this a one month period required to get a passport, March could be cutting it a bit fine. We will see. I'm definitely aiming for summer though.

-It is ab it disturbing how organised I am. I know I tend to be a slightly anal person with my lists and preperations, but I have even suprised myself this time. Think it probably has somethign to do with the fact that I'm trying to anticipate not having friends and family around afterwards to help out nad slightly worried about Dave's levels of input (especially as he has let his right-hand man take weeks holiday the week we are due and plans to continue working....)

- Dave lost my maternity book this week. He accidentally placed it out with the rubbish and now it is gone. This is so inappropriate that you can only laugh. In the UK, a maternity book basically holds ALL the information you accumulate over you pregnancy - from midwife notes, to scans, to blood tests etc. etc. DO they store this on record somewhere? NO. Have I been schlepping from hospital to midwife to hospital to medical centre for the past two days trying to get together something vaguely acceptable as a replacement? YES. And the worst part is that nobody can believe that we actually lost it. Teenage mothers on crack don’t loose their maternity books. Can I hear them thinking ‘unfit mother!’ as they stare at me incredulously. YES.

Anyway – Dave is demanding his dinner so I’m off.

(in a quick re-read I sense this entry is a bit negative, but on the contrary, I'm actually feeling really good, really positive, really happy with Dave... slightly scared, but that's natural. )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are around towards the end of April because I will be really busy working up til then. Would it be rude of me to say that I hope you cant come in March! I have been watching Lovejoy, Spooks, Hornblower, Scrubs and Firefly as suggestions for your viewing pleasure

Beth said...

You sound just like any other pregnant woman I've met who's about to pop. I'm sure you're charming in person! I think I mentioned it on my blog ages ago (when I was more attentive to it), but I'll tell you that Greys Anatomy is fantastic!! That's my recommendation for you. I've also warmed up to the American version of The Office...although I much prefer Ricky Gervais to Steve Carell. I'll end this ramble by saying that I'm SOOO excited for you and Dave!! Good luck over the next few weeks, darling. Xoxox

Anonymous said...

Need I say that the best (and yet worst) thing you could get for next DVD is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So good. Yet so addictive as to be ridiculous. Also, loved Six Feet Under and am up to Series Three now...still amazing. Scrubs is fun but the episodes are too short and unsatisfying. It wouldn't hurt to re-visit X Files or even Twin Peaks if you are feeling like frighty cuddles. Works every time. Your bump is amazing. xoxo

p.j.r said...

being the nerd that I am, and seeing as I have all this time on my hands, I have written an entire post on my blog for you on what I think you should watch.

i need to get out more. sigh.