Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Stuff: 24 Weeks down and counting,

After what can only be described as a day of monster comments (4 in a day!! – have you ever HEARD of such a thing!), I find myself purring and eager to write something in gratitude. Unfortunately, I have very little of interest to say, so I’m just going to do one of those ‘random thoughts’ entries. Which obviously will not be as popular as the baby bump photos, but you can’t have everything.

- we are anxiously awaiting the birth of Baby Footer. Calls from Australia which don’t announce an arrival – whilst very nice – are something of a disappointment. Amy (Dave’s sister) and Mark were due to release span number two onto the world on Tuesday last week…. And still they wait. However I believe there are plans afoot to make tomorrow (Friday) THE day. Needless to say, we will find it hard to get to sleep tonight.
- Im reading with interest the stories of ‘Floor Crossing’ coming from Australia. Perhaps the past 5 years of embarrassingly draconian and morally repugnant decisions by ‘our’ government (and particularly the migration department… although – why narrow down the disaster which is John Howard) has finally become too much for some. The sheep who stood silently during the abomination which was Tampa now act.
- I would mention the Lebanon crisis…but… well….. We all know I’m just going to work myself up and begin a tirade that not many of you would be interested in. I will just say how absolutely sad it makes me when 1/2 of the victims of a ‘war’ are children. What the fuck sort of world are we living in?
- Im not sure if I should be ashamed to say that I have happened across Lily Allen’s album (OK. I bought it) and now have it on high rotation. I now find a new little jump in my step as I make my way to work each morning. The London lass definitely turns a clever phrase.
- STILL reading Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children. Thoroughly enjoying it, but not finding the time to actually read much lately. However my love of buying books has not been curbed so lately my library has been growing out of sync with my ability to actually read them. Not good. Although, in a few years when we return to Adelaide, no doubt Georgia and Pete will be there ready to help me unpack  So I am rationalising the purchase by ‘doing it for you guys’
- I days away from purchasing a Laptop. Which might not seem like a big deal as I suspect all my friends have one already… But I absolutely adore computers (duh) and have spent a lot of time saving up to buy this one. So the feeling is a little bit like making my firt real purchase that I have worked hard to get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather - I just was talking about Midnight Children yesterday! - I've lost my copy - I lent it to someone ages ago and told them it was great and now I cant remember which book stealing mother fucker it was!!
Enjoy your laptop - I loved it when I got mine (admittedly that was a while ago) I am going for I/V with Fringe tomorrow for venues co-ordinator position - hope I get it and then we have money and I have good job. Geordy getting three days a week at moment as teacher! She has a PROFESSION!! You rub your bump for luck and I'll rub mine for pleasure, Pete

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!

What is wrong with liking Lily Allen?! I think she is stupendous. Yes! Stupendous! I would buy her album but I am but a lowly student (ie: peasant according to Little Johnny) so cannot afford it.

Love Pipi
PS: Meredith is lame. Almost a fortnight and NO WORD. Although Mum tells me she and Stu are moving in together... and now the world knows!! Hahahahahahahhahaa