Tuesday, August 22, 2006

For the General

As the only person (besides myself) to admits to a daily check-up of blogs, I though it would be nice to put a little entry in here for Nadsie Noo. Especially after having such a horrid weekend (does that scare you? That im a gazillion miles away, but that I still know EVERYTHING?!). Unfortunately it won’t be too interesting, but hey – it’s better than what Mez has to say.

•Yesterday I had the realisation that this Christmas I will be able to sign all my Christmas cards ‘Love from Dave, Heather and Freevie’ and that made me have a little awww moment.

•Unfortunately at time I had the ‘awww moment’, I was in the company of Kosta and Ali, two mates that I did honours with at Uni… who stared at me, uncomprehending, no doubt trying to fathom the transition from a particular night two years ago at the Uni Bar and Exeter to a thought like that.

•Though I don’t want to swear to it, as I’m going to leave a final decision for a few more listens – but I think the Christina Aguilera album is a little bit average. Yikes. Can’t believe I ever uttered those words.

•As per above the female name ‘Ella’ has gone off the boil. Leading the race now is the name ‘Eva/Evie’ which I kind of prefer. But the race is long; we are a good couple of months away from D-Day. Thus the thing in my belly has morphed from ‘Fredorella’ to ‘Freevie’. This is largely because Dave’s sister Amy suggested that Ella is the name all the Adelaide spooners are giving to their kids. And Dave ain’t no spooner, dear god no. He’s a rough and tough Bermondsey street geezer.

•Which is why when buying a pram, the idea of getting a Bugaboo (top of the line) was quickly discarded (‘I’d rather shoot myself than be seen pushing that wanker/poofter pram around’ is a Dave quote from this week’s trip to the Borough Market, where the Mercedes mothers, pushed their £700 prams around the market in search of the perfect organic bunch of lemon mint…… a quote that was made as we sat sipping out free-trade, organic Monmouth coffees prior to parted ways – Dave to buy the bulk of Majestic’s wine stock and I to source the perfect organic chicken and dried organic mango pieces….) Thus we have bought ourselves an ever-reliable Maclaren. Which should see us through till 3 years old. Apparently. We will see

•As hinted above, I have finally managed to drag Dave into a department store for a bit of baby preparation shopping. Which was such a fruitful occasion that besides a baby carrier, breast-feeding related items, and a few blankets we are pretty sorted. We have got a lot of the bare essentials (bath, cot, changing mattress, pram, bouncer, sheepskin, muslin squares) and figure that besides the few other things we should get, we will just take it as we go. No need to go over the top, plenty of time and places close to us to get additional stock.

•Patrick Swayze has bean in the UK the last little bit, working the boards in the West End production of Guys and Dolls. It was with horror yesterday that I realised this grave casting mistake – for just down the road is other West End production of Dirty Dancing. What were they thinking!?!? I would pay £100 to see Mr. Swayze tell ‘em that putting Baby in the corner is NOT something anyone does.

•Comments on my Blog make my day. Not in a Clint Eastwood way. But in the way of a lonely girl a thousand miles away from home, whose highlights in life is a new home improvement show being launched, trying all the haagen dazs flavous that god has created, and having a spanking clean pantry.

•Met with Kieran last night for some dinner in Chinatown where he proceeded to claim (adamantly) that Kate Moss recently slept with a dwarf. He even went to the extent of getting the person who told him this to verify the fact. I can’t help but think that this is a little bit too co-incidental, given Kieran’s obsession with dwarves. IN FACT, the first conversation I ever had with Kieran was about his desire to run a dwarf farm with lion-taming dwarves and a dwarf that sat in the ironing cupboard, always ready to iron…

•Ice-Cream is still my lord and master.

•Cricket took a disappointing turn over the weekend. Because Pakistan staged a 10 minute protest over allegations of ball-tampering , the umpires (headed by the overly-zealous Darryl ‘Murali’s a chucker ‘ Hair) decided to stop the match, thereby losing millions of pounds for the game and putting one-day series in serious jeopardy. When will umpires just get over themselves? Just let the game continue and if the ICC wants to penalise Pakistan for the protest, leave it up to them. Don’t ruin the day for thousands of fans. Poor form.

•STILL reading Midnight's Children. May never finish it.

•A big well-done to Lachy and Verity for shaving their heads to raise money for Leukaemia research. I’ve seen the photos on the blogs and you guys look fabulous. Well done. Tre impressed.


Over and Out. Photos are forthcoming. If you are nice to me.

PS. Vote for someone called Damien Leith in Australian Idol. He is my best friend and is really hot and makes guy sebastian look like a tone deaf twat. Seriosuly, if you vote for Damien, you will get into heaven and god will invite you to his Haagen Dazs tasting days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, a whole (well few lines) dedicated to meeeeeeeeee. Bout time I say. Yes, my life is about as interesting as Mez's blog so thast's all I've got.
P.s Just a little concerned about your musings on baby names! I thought we had an arrangement.... te he ;o)
The (one and only) General

Geordy and Pete said...

well done...
another goody for the books.
I am so sick with the flu.
Just went to doctors after having it for week and a half and can hardly function now... she said.. just ride it out and sent me on my merry way.
not impressed.
take care darling,
love always
geordy

Verity Slee said...

...ummmm how the f come Lachy and I and our incredible, couragous, self-less, life saving, endlessly comendable head shave made it BELOW your ramblings about the freakin cricket, your f'in endless book... ok the Patrick Swayze thing is understandable but you get my drift? cum'on heather... what the? So the fact you saved $$$ on the pram, does that mean you can sponsor me now?

and evie... good but very much 'in-vogue' right now. what about 'Gertrude'? Very original.

Me said...

I put in for Ruby...keep the blogs coming its one of the first things I look at when I log in every night!!! :-) Lisa

Anonymous said...

This isnt actually about the current blog entry but from below where V Slee suggested I pee on the toilet bowl. Sorry to use your blog heather as a public forum for this pettiness, but take the l out of blog and it's bog, or take the b out of blog and it's log - all toilet related words (which ryhmes with turds) any hoo the point of this is to say that I will not lower myself to her level of toilet humour arse bum shit fart

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the damo plug heather (finally) to anyone in oz - watch the show on sunday night and you might see me and al (hopefully not, cause my interview made jessica simpson look like a brain surgen).
Chat to you all asson.
AL&AL