Saturday, July 08, 2006

Hurrah!

(the following entry should not be read by Nadine or anyone else who has a bit of technological savy about them and might be inclined to go "HTML? THat's sooooo 2001")

I am going to take this opportunity to point out something I have done below and bask in the glory I deserve. No doubt you greedy readers would simply skip over it, without due consideration, so it is only fair that I draw your attention to it. I put a link IN my post to an old post. And not not by writing go to "www.thisischeating.com" but by writing "click here" and making THAT the link. This involved imbedding HTML into the post which was most tricksy. It may not seem significant, but it is, and it signals the beginning of a beautiful new era...

Yesterday photos, today links, tomorrow... Top 10 most visited blog in the world!

And in other exciting news, if you look at my links to the right there, I have added a few new ones. Exciting days indeed!

- We have a link to Lisa and Mark's Blog (but don't be fooled by the name of a male there, I have a sneaky suspicion that it is 100% the hard work of Lisa) fellow ex-pats from Adelaide, doing their thing in London (and being much more successful at travel than me, hateful organised people)

- A link to the MySpace of my uni mate Kosta, who appears there when he can drag himself from the bar to the internet cafe during his and Ali's world tour.

- A link to my Amazon 'Listmania List' Its basically a self-indulgent list of my top 25 books. I wrote it over a year ago for Georgia nad Pete, so it is somewhat dated (in fact, only one novel - Shantaram - has been added) and sort of reflects a lot of the books I had been reading at that time. Plus I had to delete Bonfire of the Vanities because I realise, that in proper reflection, I didnt really like this book, I had only put it on there becuase it is really fat and impressive.

I hope all this exciting and enthralling news has made up for yesterday's slightly insane raving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!

Just got into your website by following a link from MJ's (I'm at work and have exhausted my favourite website "thesuperficial.com" - it's awesome, check it out) so I thought I'd post something considering none has. Yet. Don't worry, they will. Although finding this thing through a link kind of reminds me of reading my sister's diary in year 10. Not that I ever did that, I swear.

So, congratulations on the little lump of love!! I am so excited about your creation and I want to see it when it pops out. Or sooner. I am coming to Europe in December so maybe we can orgainse a rendez-vous.

Anyhoo, better feign work for 12 more minutes.

Love Pipi (Lamb)