Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ramblings etc.

When people read this blog they normally they tell me that I’m a bit brilliant. They say ‘Heather. You are a brilliant, funny, gorgeous almost 25-year old. You are so incredibly talented and we want to see more of you. And not just in the blog-sphere, but ‘out there’. We want to turn on the radio to hear your witticisms, open a magazine to your cynical diatribes. Turn on the TV and see your winning smile’.

So it’s no surprise that for a little while I’ve fancied the idea of starting a book of some sort. Not necessarily a book, maybe just some words that have more ambition than the drivel I put on here. So lately I have taken to writing down things that amuse me. Originally I started that list for the purpose of this blog, but some of those ideas are almost too good to be wasted on yo…. this medium.

I will even admit that a few times I have sat down with the explicit ambition to sow the seeds of my forthcoming opus. And it has hit me that my ability to create wholly new and unusual characters or original situations and story lines is *cough* not that great *cough*. I appear to be incapable of moving much beyond thinly-veiled caricatures of people I know and situations that are familiar…..

So what have we learnt? Be very, very nice to me because very soon you could see an ugly caricature of yourselves nominated for an academy award.

(and what has Heather learnt? That she wants a laptop. More than anything, she wants her very own shiny, new laptop. Oh why or why are people like Mez, who cant even turn it on, given one?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the better be a caricature of a little some-one I like to refer to as 'The General'... Screw that she should be the star; staring as the godmother of all your future sons who will be named Nadine the First, Nadine The seccond, Nadine the Third.... etc...
By the way, you modesty never ceases to amaze me, I live in awe... XX
Don't forget, most other web-sites are blocked for me so keep on writing, save me from actually earning a living....