Friday, September 03, 2010

Let Me Re-Introduce Myself....

Dear people, I’m sorry for the slow descent into blog oblivion. Although I did start this thing 5+ years ago as a means to not bore my entire address book with group emails, I did decide to continue it on some level when I returned home. Mock me, as you all don’t hesitate to do, but it has become a rather nice record of my past 5 years. A diary that doesn’t exactly hit the heights of Judy Blume, but none-the-less adds a bit of detail to already-hazy events of the past, and something I wouldn’t mind continuing if only for those future years when Old Man Ligertwood has passed and I have nothing other to do that drink, smoke, take ecstacy and reminnise.


However, this plan of continuing to blog doesn’t seem to be going too well so far. Lets be honest - it has gone through a right shit patch. YES YOU ARE your brains must scream every time you see that Lamest Blog Ever title. I'm hoping this hiatus is something to do with the HUGE pile mundane I am currently trying to climb. Energy companies, communication providers, childcare and creche in our new area, kid-related programs, toy library cars overdue, and oh, just about a thousand boxes to unpack and a gazillion items to source (anybody got a spare tallboy? Or know where to find a large cutlery tray? Or what about glass repair? Bugger, I need a double adaptor.). But it is more likely that the blog is being flogged by something I can only vaguely recall from my youth: a social life. Whilst no exactly reaching the heights of summer 03/04, the addition of a few engagements with family and friends a week has greatly reduced my dedicated computer time. Which is no bad thing in many ways, I spent waaaay to much time with mr. internet, not a huge amount of which was productive. (But on the flip side, oh how I have missed you mr internet, with your decisive answers on which day is rubbish collection, locations of places to fix a knob on an amp, divulger of baby news and holder of footage of pre-vampire eric in a petrol fight. Let us never ever ever part again, I am at a loss how people survived before you. Total Loss.)


Hand-in-hand with the blog uselessness comes virtual email/fb silence. Whilst the majority of these ignored emails are housekeeping, there are a fair few from my peeps that I’m yet to get back to. I write this on here because my readership pretty much covers my peep-ship (between 4 and 6 people) so am hoping that a public apology and a ‘soon, soon’ will be suffice.



I have so much to tell you internet. So so much. None of it is particularly earth-shattring, neither is it particularly interesting. I, of course, have a few hundred photos of small ratbags to share, which im going to put at the top of my to-do list, as there are some people overseas chomping at the bit for a bit of Diddy and Frocko action. Indeed 3 months into our return (WhereTF did that go?) whilst I miss a lot about Londono, what I really miss is a few special people. My solitude of the last few years in London was no exaggeration, but the final year saw the introduction of a few people into our lives who are quite literally the best people I have ever met. The immense impact they made on our family, their dedication and love for my boys and the amazing things we shared together.. its making me go all teary just trying to find the words. And I simply can’t find ones with enough gravity or clarity. But it is safe to say that these incredible people turned my hardest year ever, into my most favourite year ever, and if I could somehow convince them to all move to Australia and live in my pocket, I would. So photos for them first up. Exciting photos too. Rocco’s 2nd birthday which due to travelling grandparents included 2 cakes, and the evolution of the joint-photo. Yes, a photo where the boys will pose together. In the same frame. For Example:



Amazing. Also coming up will be an explanation of what has happened for the past 3 months and where we are now. I suspect there might be a few reflective pieces coming also. Not only for the huge glut of photos sitting in my archives, but for sentimental reasons. So consuming has our return been, I haven’t really thought much about the past 5 years. Indeed that little paragraph above – perhaps my first refelction – set all sorts of little sparks going in my left hemisphere (thats the girly side – right?) and it’s probably a good thing to do before I forget. Although at a push right now, all I can think about is the boys jeans in H&M. Dear god I miss them. OH, and my Diana mug which Dave moved at the last minute so the packers didn’t pack it. Can’t. Even. Explain. Devastation. I screamed and then cried. Anyway, gotta go now as need to use all my internet capabilities to get the last three True Blood episodes downloaded ASAP.

Stay tuned, i promise a much better 3 months of blogging are on the way XXX

4 comments:

Beth said...

*exhale*

Thank you, I've been waiting to do that for 3 months.

Bring. It. On.

xoxoxoxoxo

P.S. That is possibly the best picture ever taken in the history of the world. Full stop. It is now officially my background to ever electronic device I own, and will give me happiness in my darkest times forever and ever.

Geordy and Pete said...

love the photo.

can't wait for more.
x

Verity Slee said...

Welcome back Fball... yep, best picture ever... xx

p.j.r said...

Heather!
I have to admit I'd almost forgotten about the blog world over the past 6 months, but what a treat to re-discover yours and get an update on what's going on in your life.
I can't get over how grown-up Freddie looks - and that disgustingly adorable Rocco, dear god. Is it Easter yet so I can see them!?!
Hope your settling back in to the home-land alright :)
p