Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Favourite Cat

Look, I knowthere is a whole lot of youtube blogging (cheating?) going on here. Indeed you must all be sorely missing my severe written wit. I too suffer by keeping it all in my head. Indeed the frazzled-haired woman who greets Dave after a 12 hour day of wrangling 2 children under 3, is one who could have well benefitted from a bit of twitter-purging. But I like to think Dave enjoys the crazies that come out of my mouth as Fred, Rocco and I vie aggressively for his attention in those first 5 minutes.

Where was I?

Keyboard cat. The one with the dog below is probably my favourite. And I say this with authority as I suspect I have seen most of the keyboard cats out there now. The Miss America one is probably familiar to most, but it's her juxtaposition with Mr. K. Cat which takes this funny even further.










Otherwise all is well. The job remains repetitive and with vey long hours. However it is most fulfilling, except for those times when a small boy has gotten his scream on. Which is 95% of the time. I increasingly suspect that I have not the patience to do this job much longer. But unfortunately it's a pretty binding contract from which my employer is loathe to release me. Especially on Sunday afternoons when there is golf to be played.

What else. A big congrats to Eleanor and Sam on their engagement (in France no less!) and good luck for planning those nuptials.... apparently to take place at the beginning of March. Eeek! And below is a picture of Oliva getting nice and fat. (Enjoy it people as I susect it is hte only one you will be allowed to see, seeing as I doubt she expected me to show hte WORLD when she sent it to me). The two of these events have made it pretty clear that I best be getting my arse back to Adeliade early next year. Actually, I lie. It's the grey cloud and icy nights heralding the slow descent into London winter which has really made my mind up!

10 comments:

Mezzle said...

I vomit in your general direction. How dare you leave me here stranded in the Frozen North. I'll see you in April H:Bomb, then it's payback time.

Rage subsiding, subsiding, subsiding .... gone.

Mezzle said...

Livvie looks purdy.

Beth said...

This (not surprising) news leaves me tempted to have one last hurrah in London-town over New Years/My 30th Birthday weekend (barfbarfbarf).

If this does not happen, I now have a solid excuse to take a trip to Oz at least once every couple of years to visit my favourite family-outside-of-my-family.

Thus ends the chapter.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

mother of god!!!!
i believe there were strict instructions that came with the sending of that photo!
oh yes, you are right - i'm cutting you off!
arghhhh

Geordy and Pete said...

livvy! looking fantastic.
so glad we got to see the photo.

congrats to eleanor and sam!

ps- come home

x

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Oh Heather, I so excited you're coming back.... we have years of chats to catch up on... Soon I will be able to give your gorgeous boys a cuddle when ever I want!!! I am especially excited by the concept of Rocco's little knee folds.... Bless!!
CAN'T WAIT!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Heather Anders said...

EEEEK!

le it jsut be known that a trip back in feb/march does not necessarily mean back for good.

hopefully that day will come soon but Dave nad I have made no decisions re: this!!

Geordy and Pete said...

wwwwwwwwhhhhhaaaatttttt.

not happy.

Geordy and Pete said...

wwwwwwwwhhhhhaaaatttttt.

not happy.

Geordy and Pete said...

ok- little bit happy you coming for a visit.

x