Saturday, February 07, 2009

my new love.

Adele's album is one of those one's I've had on my iPod for over 6months but never given a proper listen.... which is somewhat sad. I fondly remember those days of only having a few CDs and getting to know each one intimately, and with computer proliferation, ipods nad file-swapping I somehow find myself with over 36 days worth of music the bulk of which is rarely listened to .

I digress.

I'm trying to get to the point that I've always been a huge fan of ladies that sing good, particualrly of those that are singer-songwriters. Adele's album (titled '19' cos she's 19 years old when she wrote it) has taken my breath away in a way no singer has since Fiona (!!). I neglected her for so long becuase I sort of put her in the bracket of a singer that had one OK-ish song (chasing pavements) over-saturating the airwaves, but as KT Tunstall showed that mainstream success doesn't have ot be at the expense of an entirely quality album, I thank god that I took the time to give it a good listen. Now, she's not for everyone - i know that- but I know a few people who share my lady-loving tastes and therefore urge them to drop everything nad go and purchase her album. She is a level of awesome beyond her years, a richness of voice I dream of owning. And she's from South-East London. Respect.

If you run her name through YouTUbe you will find an enormous amount of live recordings of her and they too are good. But below are my two favs (well, today anyway). THe first one is called 'Best for Last' and is a cover of a Bob Dylan song (damn, that man can catch a sentiment) which I believe has been released as a single. I'm not sure, I dont listen to the radio much. The second is a song called Best for Last. I can not wait for to see what she does next.



No comments: