Saturday, May 24, 2008

you can have 5 minutes of my time.

Well, just a short one, seeing as I'm in the midst of packing for a trip to the Suffolk coast (about 2-3 hour drive north-east of London) where Dave, Fred and I are going to be spending this long weekend. It was a last minute decision, booked yesterday and I'm pretty damn excited. So too must Dave be as here will be the first weekend in forever he will won't have to endure my complaints about how booooring our weekends are and how we only ever do the same same same stuff in London.

In fact, it's been a pretty amazing weekend so far as last night we went and saw Chris Rock (an american comedian) play to a packed O2 Arena and it was pretty awesome. I'd not been to that venue yet and never to see such a big stand-up comedy act. He was on for almost 2 hours, and after I got over the two Essex lasses sitting behind me hysterically laughing at EVERYTHING he said (wait for the punch line at least you twats), we had a really nice night. It was great - an excellent occasion for a fatty like me who would be unlikely to handle something like a concert.

In fact - after having not gone out in an evening since we had the wonderful Grandmas of Adelaide at our disposal - we seem to have had a flurry of social activity of late. As the previous weekend we went out to The Orrery, a Terence Conran restaurant on Marylebone High Street for Dave's birthday. It was no Fat Duck (not that anything ever could be), but it was a really nice night (especially my truffle risotto mmmmmm) and lovely to be spending time with just Dave which didn’t involve the mundane daily life questions such as whether I had remembered to buy the light bulbs today (NO. I'm cooking baby instead).

Anyway - must get back to packing seeing as Dave doesn’t know where the fridge is. I've started a few random blogs I hope to get up in the next week (yes, yes, there MIGHT be an Alien vs Predator review in there for you lot). In the meantime I will leave you with the latest photos of my baking frenzy. Last weekend I made Dave a Pavlova for his birthday... not that there was any left for him to eat.




1 comment:

p.j.r said...

This picture alone makes me want to come back to London. I LOVE your new baking hobby Heather. LOVE.IT.