Thursday, June 21, 2007

i read the news today, oh boy....

Just a quick update on all things relevant to me (MEMEMEME. Don’t you people get sick of it?).

As those of you who are Facebook are probably aware, I’ve been a bit under the weather as has the little man. I’m absolutely fine now, as is Freddy - save for his residual hacking cough, which has meant more wake-ups in the night than normal. This unto itself was not a distressing event at all, in fact the fact that neither of us had been sick for the past 6 months is pretty good form really, What is upsetting about it all is that the day we happened to be listless and in bed was the day that Muse played Wembely. And the seats I had excitedly bought 5 months ago, were used by someone else who reported back that it was AMAZING. Murphy’s Law, I guess.

Now onto the big news.

Firstly, Jo had her baby a few weeks ago, little Fela Jack Hawkins. Ridiculously cute photos can be seen on her blog to the right there. So a big congratulations to Jo is in order. Interestingly a few weeks before she gave birth I predicted that she would have a boy and bought a card in anticipation of that. Most serendipitously (as potential names had been kept under wraps),the front of the card read ‘Hello Little Fella’…

The second piece of big news is that this past Monday Dave sold his business, (pending a successful shareholders meeting). Athletes1 has been bought out by a larger publicly-owned ,sports-oriented company. Which is VERY exciting indeed. Dave will continue to work for athletes1 and we are both excited about the new opportunities and experiences that being a part of a bigger company will give him. And I am so very proud of him. It is an incredibly hard to run a business, indeed the greater proportion of new businesses fail within two years. And for him to have built one, away from the security and support of his home town is no small feat. I’m so happy for him that the hard work he put in these past 8 or 9 years has reaped the rewards he deserves.

And the third piece of news is that I’m pregnant again.

Kidding. Sorry about that. Just got thinking about how impossible it would be to top Dave’s news, and my malicious streak came out. Mwa ha ha. No WAY would I be pregnant again now. A 6 month old who refuses to sleep and eat is more than enough for me thank you very much.

xxxH

5 comments:

Beth said...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
You GOT ME!! You TOTALLY GOT ME!!
For 5 milliseconds I actually had an actual heart attack. Pregnant??!?!?!? AGAIN!?!!?!?!?
And that is a huge feat...NO ONE gets me. Ever. Period.

You've been failing to mention, dear friend, that your crazy Canuck entourage is heading your way in a mere 2 weeks. Surely that is blog-worthy, no??

Anonymous said...

me too...even though I spoke with you the other day and knew it not to be true....oh and my goodness woman how many books do you get through!! kisses to Freddy! :-)Lisa

p.j.r said...

Very good work!
You had me there for a second as well. One of my first thoughts was - how can she get preggars when she has so much wine to consume with Beth and I? It just wouldn't be fair.

Geordy and Pete said...

bloody hell, I almost fell off my chair.

haven't you heard of the boy who cried wolf.?????

wonderful wonderful news for dave. Give him all our love and congratulations.

Heather Anders said...

the boy who cried wolf is a sissy.

Yeah - sorry about that. Didnt really expect people to believe me (rest assured that when/if number 2 comes along, the blog is unlikely the place im going to announce it originally. it will be a very close second though :)