Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Random Goings On...

As you may have seen on Fred's blog, we currently have Ginny and Rach staying with us in London. An event which has seen me reclaim some of my sanity and get rid of (I think) the milk/vomit smell that hangs around me like a cloud. It's been really really nice having them here, so wonderful to be sharing Fred with people we love. They have obviously reinforced Dave's and my suspicion that Fred might be the cutest and most marvellous little legend to grace this planet. And on top of the showers, sleep and relaxation that having them here allows me, Ginny even babysat on New Years eve, allowing me my first trip away from Fred to the pub! Which was pretty uneventful (only a few hours and two drinks) but nevertheless reassuring that there is hope of a future social life.


Prior to their arrival, Dave and I had a lovely Christmas with our new family having a simple luch and rather amusing present giving session (as I had had no time to actually get presents for Dave in the previous weeks due to Fred, I resulted in wrapping up household items and sourcing new gifts from the local pharmacy!) There are some piccies below.


Otherwise, we are fine, I am well. I'm still healing from the birth which is taking a little bit longer than expected, but nevertheless coming along. I'm massively unfit (not to mention fat - but that doesn't really bother me) and the walk to the local store leaves me breathless. I'm still nowhere near getting out of my aternity clothes and somewhat angry with myself that I didn't purchase more that were conjusive to breastfeeding. Still breastfeeding which is good although incredibly painful much to my midwife/health visitor's bafflement. We are hoping that it naturally gets easier over the next week or so. We will see.


Fred is still a marvel. He is such a good little boy, we are so blessed. WHilst it is still hard and exhausting we know how lucky we are - he has a huge appitite, feeds equally as well from breast and bottle, I am an absolute milk maching, he is relatively easy to settle, and only gets me up for one feed in the night. Dave and I are trying ot get some sort of routine established which is working quite well and sees Dave doing the last feed of the night (11pm, i express milk into a bottle) so that can go to bed and get a large chunk of sleep until the 4am feed. Mind you, with all these things - sometimes he is crotchety, sometimes I'm up for hours in the night - and he's growing so quickly, who knows what routine he will take to in the future.


Tomorrow Fred turns 4 weeks and he has already changes so much from when he was born. He is a real little character and he has started to develop the chubbiest little cheeks. Too cute







1 comment:

Beth said...

Your dinner looks yummy, Fred looks adorable, Dave looks hungry and you, my friend, look more content and happy than I've ever seen you. Wishing you and your family an incredible New Year. xoxo