Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

Dear All,
Apologies for a boring blog and what will be a rather inadequate entry. I have already said how it is amazing how little time I have to myself, and more amazing how little I seem to be doing. Dave and I agreed that it is much harder than either of us imagined. But these are the first few weeks really, we are still adjusting to our new life of nappies and sleeplessness and learning to look after a little baby who could not be more helpless. But we love him so much, we spend hours marvelling at how good he is and how beautiful he is. He is simply incredible. That cuddle you get after a nappy change makes it all worthwhile.

Probably only have 5 minutes more before I (well, my boob) is demanded elsewhere so I will go with the faithful dot points

  • took Fred to the Borough Market for the first time today - a christening as such - as we bought food for Christmas lunch. He slept through the whole event, snug in his sling against Dave's chest
  • At the market I overheard a pretentious university student in front of me say to a girl he was trying to impress 'I don't read books that aren't worth reading twice. I dont want to be a prolific reader, I want to be a careful reader' What an idiot.
  • Fred appears to have blue eyes, dark hair and... my skin colour. It is still early days, but both dave and I are hopeful that he will grow out of my pasty complexion.

It will be a quiet Christmas here for the three of us, but I am looking forward to it. Neither Dave or I have had the time to do presents or a Christmas tree this year, but we bought some lovely food and I'm sure Dave has some good wine for us to drink this Monday. Plus, we pretty much have had the best present of all in a healthy and gorgeous Fred.

He is so freakin beautiful, i can't even begin to explain. It makes me want to cry.

In a suprising turn, Ginny and Rachel have decided to come visit for a couple of weeks arriving next Thursday. It was very unexpected but both Dave and I are absolutely delighted to be having them. It will be so great to have some familiar faces to bring in the new year with, and I am oh so excited to be sharing the amazing Fred to more of his family.

Anyway - As it is highly unlikely that I will find the time to call everyone (or anyone) that I want to on Monday, I will use ye olde blog to wish everyone an amazing day on Monday. Thank you everyone for your support and friendship (and readership?) over the past year and especially the past month. It's been extremely emotional and I feel so fortunate for all that I have, for the people I am so, so lucky to call my friends and family.

Merry Christmas
XXXXXXXXXXX
much, much, much love
Heather, Dave and Little Man Fred

1 comment:

Geordy and Pete said...

MEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYY CCCCCCCCHHHRRRIIISSSSSSTTTMMMMAAASS...

beauitful heather, dave and freddy.

have a wonderful day tommorrow.

love you.

thinking of this time last year when we had such a fantastic day. (the asda bras and usb are still going strong!)

(also remembering prelim christmas with shopping bonanza and dinners at tabard centre!!- what fun and frivolity)

Happy first christmas Fred. We love you already.

you guys rock...

keep up the blog entries cos you are not excused in the slightest!!

love you.

ps- try to go to black rose pub tommorrow night and knock on the back door and close the curtains for the lock in...and play pool...and fall over... and do headstands...and demand to drink apple tinglers (cos you love them so much) ...and last but not least, do some homage to the beckham shrine...

love ya,

xoxoox