Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Sound Choice

Perhaps due to boredom or perhaps due to unintentionally stumbling across the good life, I have found myself reading today's paper in the 'party starting' hours of Saturday night... with little other than a toastie (well, 3 of them) and a dvd planned for the next few hours. But I am attempting to retain some sort of cool - I do have Gorrilaz on very loud and a lovely glass of Bird in Hand white wine (thanks Nugent).

Blah blah blah - anyway - I came across this article that I enjoyed and decided to go to the trouble of finding it online, to maybe give you people the opportunity to read it. We don't get much good news lately and I just thought that this piece was encouraging and something to be proud of. So click here. for your daily dose of inspiration (hell, and why stop there? Indulge yourself - The related stories are also interesting)

It's 22 degrees inside (Nursery Thermometer) and before reading the paper I put up one of those playmat/creche things that is the spoils of mum and dad's recent trip heralding the gift from nana. Once again, I am very disappointed these things don't come in adult sizes. It is so damn cool. We are talking crinkly noises, cushions, mirrors, bright colours all in the shape of a lady bird. A ladybird wearing a hat. Pure Genius.

....I apologies with becoming some what predictable on this blog, moving all entries towards babies and saby-stuff. It is tiresome. But, it's not like there is a gun to your head and the fact is, if you saw some of these toys they have these days, you'd understand.

Anyhoo -not going to write anymore seeing as this night in has so much potential beyond this computer (seriously.) We are onto the Beatles' Sgt Pepper and I've got a pile of warranties and appliance instruction booklets that need to be organized into the new colour coordinated files I bought.

No comments: