Wednesday, September 20, 2006

She who needs no introduction.....

Well as it is another day in Blog-land, we have another aspiring blogger joining our little community here. Checking the blogs each morning is becoming a MUCH bigger event than it was a year ago, when I would manically flick between Georgia and Pete's site and my own, disappointed when neither offered something new.

We are in a truely champagne period for the blog. I absolutely love it.

New to the group today is a Miss Beth Conacher, better know and 'That Fckn Buffy girl'. She needs little introduction to the majority of people who read this site as I suspect as those who read it are eiher a) Canadian like her or b) suffered her company in the Australina summer of 2001 (dear god - was it that long ago?). For those who have not had the pleasure of being in front of the gale-force of her personality, she is a great friend of mine who lives in Toronto (London, Toronto, Japan, Ghana... what a spread) whose destiny reads: Rich, Famous, Hot Husband. And can be seen in photos from my trip to Canada in Feb this year (STILL need to write that one up....)

I'm somewhat scared as to what she will offer us, but after viewing Lachy's blog of late, I realise it can't get any stranger really... I think. So add her to your favourites, put her on your blog links list, and check out the Bufferoo by clicking here or on the link on the left...

(Note: in an interesting synergy, as we all get used to Booker T taking over Lachy's site and those around it [in hysterics over the comment on Mez's blog] it is an interesting fact that the Hula Girl (aka Booker T's lady friend) was in fact a gift to Lachy from Buffy. Such a small world.)

Anyway - I know I have a thousand mind-bogglingly interesting trips to write up here, but it's 7.30pm and im still at the office, an hour away from home. I should get my computer tomorrow, so it will be very soon. A few little tidbits before I forget

- I have decided that it is a GREAT SIGN that when I opened today metero I was greeted with a Crows guernsey. Serioulsy. SUre, it was being modelled by Ley Ley Hewitt, but the fact it that the chances of me coming across such a sign is wee dwarf mouse small

- in order to leave a message on buffy's website, Kieran needed to create his own blog. Whilst this blog remains empty and unreachable (and he suspects he will leave it this way), the potential is definately there. ALthough unleashing the Kezdawg in blogland makes me VERY scared indeed...

- Mum and Dad are currently in Budapest. No doubt joining hte tens of thousands of rioters....

3 comments:

p.j.r said...

Dear heather, could you please inform miss Beth, that for some reason, because i'm not 'part of her blog's team' I can't post comments on her blog.
What's THAT all about Buff? Will I forever have to talk through heather to get to you? I'm confused...and cold..and scared.

p.s. Heather, did you talk to Graeme? - he says you talked. I am jealous. Why don't *i* get to talk to you -or him for that matter?

Heather Anders said...

Good call. FOr some reason, my ability to leave a comment has been removed because I too, amd not a 'team player'. I have sent an abusive email to try to sort this shit out.

Yes I 'spoke' to graeme yesterday morning. As in messenger speak. For some reason my new computer automatically logs me in to msn whenever I open it. I'm sure there is a good reason for this, it's quite nice, but right now i'm focussed on putting all my cds on the computer... But SOON I will be hte most annoyingly predictable messenger person. Get ready.

Beth said...

I don't know what happened...but it's all been fixed. Patty, I'm sending out a warm hug, so you can come out from under the blanket and post a comment if you must.

Heather, you are my very first pregnant friend ever, so of course I'm going to say nothing but wonderful things about how fabulous you and your ever-expanding belly look.