Monday, August 28, 2006

You can never have too many cookies.

I'm going to start this post (for fear of my life, having not put enough empahsis on how noble it was of her to shave her head) with a big 'Good Luck' to Miss Verity. Who is off to Canberra for intensive training on how to save to world before she takes on Sri Lanka. I wish her well on this first step towards fulfilling her dream. And want to say - in a non-drippy or condascending way - how absolutely proud I am of her. Sri Lanka is one lucky country.

Now that aside... more boring stuff...

So a few good things have happened lately. Firstly, not only have we had broadband installed at home htis week, but we have managed to set-up wireless as well, THe latter being no mean feat.... well, props should be given to Ali for htis. After my hour-long try resulted in a volley of swearwords, he was able ot calmly sit down for half an hour nad have it all pretty, with security and all. The only problem now is that we are still fighting over one computer. Argh. Hopefully this week that will all change.

All is well in London. Today was a typical summer day - it started with a thunderstorm and a few hours later I sit basking in the sunlight. Ali (a uni friend who is staying with us) ran off to the Notting Hill Festival with his new, more-fun, drink-able friends. Although, after attending last year with Benny H and spending hte better part of the day trying to get away from the festival, I'm not too sure if I would be inclined to go had I been in a more party-able state.

Things go well baby-wise (see pic below). We've just entered the 3rd trimester zone (home straight?) and I had my first truely daft moment yesterday: I spent ten minutes looking for some loo paper I had only just 'put away' after a shopping expedition, only to find it much later - not in the bathroom cupboard where it belongs - but nestled in next to the toaster. Of course.

I've been meaning to write a few words on St Thomas Hospital where we are due to 'release the child' and had a tour of last month. We were, in our initial stages of pregnancy, quite wary of the public health system over here, but after seeing the hospital rooms,... well, we can't wait! To begin with: the view from all the maternity suites. Dear God - you would pay £500 a night for this sort of thing in London ordinarily.. It is right on the River Thames, smack bang across the water from the Houses of Parliament/Big Ben. No doubt the post-birth photos on this blog will be an equal mix of newborn and THAT view. Secondly, the size, privacy of each maternity room along with the staff and general facilities were impressive. Each room has a number of weird 'hanging contraptions and balls', a ton of space, and private bathrooms. Plus there are numerous bathing facilities and general cool rooms / garden rooms to chill out in, shoudl you wnat to (Of course, I am planning to go to the hospital, cough the baby out and leave in an hour - so these rooms will not be necessary. Plus care wise, St Thomas Hospital is pretty much second to none in the UK and one of hte best in the world..

Hmm.. ive' only recently had a few people tell me that they try to read this website, but I write too damn much... undoubtedly that last paragraph will have sealed the deal for them to never return.

So on that note, I might cut this one short and promise somthing vaguely interesting in the next post.

3 comments:

Verity Slee said...

ok feather... you just can't seem to get it right. it is ok, do not fear your life YET. I am finding it in me to excuse your behaviour due to the hormones. I do not understand how you have managed to not know and so insensitively post the sri lanka thing on your blog... have you not heard? I have been exiled due to my terrorist links and alexander downer wants to eat me for supper. Sri Lanka no longer.... =(

Heather Anders said...

WHAT?! What has happened?

Dammit, I am soooo not in the loop. Somebody please put me in the loop.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Verity is going to Sri Lanka as an undercover tabledancer. Very hush hush...

On other news I have made you all proud with my new blog:

www.danieltoop.com

I wonder if anyone ever reads that stuff...
And I will be starting a music review blog/site and I just listened to the Christina album, it is certainly very different but she still whines about a lot of skanky girlpower shite.