Friday, July 21, 2006

The week that keeps getting better

It was glorious to open Georgia's blog today and to find the biggest ever post of photos known to man. I have spent altogether far too much of my day pouring over each of them, taking in the details. It took me a while to place the silhouette at Goolwa (my, what short hair you have now Verity). Whilst I realise that there are a number of other people who lookk at her site daily, I can't help but feel that each post she makes is a personal letter to me. SO thank you geordy, I absolutely love each and every one of them (although it drives me crazy with jealousy).

So after this little suprise this morning...imagine my joy, as I logged onto my footy update site, only to find another emphatic Crow victory. Whilst I slobber over each online article and watch the odd game that my parents post to me, it is probably my greatest sadness that I have been away these past two years of Crow domination (Friends? Family ? Bah!). I have always know that the Crows had talent, but to see it so arrogantly displayed (a monstrous percentage, two losses by an aggregate of 5 points) is pretty satisfying. And although I know nothing of Neil Craig the footballer (although his Sturt guernsey was proudly worn for many years by Dave), I reckon Neil Craig the Coach is pretty incredible. There are no doubt many sides with a lot of talent in this competition, but to actually harnesss this and turn it into such an impressive display of power takes something special. I had such nice feelings thinking about the Crows that I have gone online to see if I can find any paraphernalia suitable for babies … (I forsee many arguments of whether today will be a Newcastle United or Adelaide Crows day.)

_______________


Well, another weekend in London is about to begin, and once again, I have absolutely nothing planned. Except cleaning. This past week I have found myself cleaning with a fury unseen before. We are talking 2 to 3 hour spells each night. - I iron pillowcases, wash down laundry cupboards, alphabetize the CDs, flush out every nook and cranny in our bedroom. This weekend I am taking on the pantry and the freezer, and I must admit I’m somewhat excited…

This is not the talk of a 25-year-old. Dear god, what is happening to me?

Right. So Matty Hanbrook (Dave’s old flatmate) will be with us for the weekend and we are going to go on a wild bender which will no doubt involve a 72-hour clubbing expedition.

*sigh*

On another note – Happy Birthday Kieran. 29 today, I believe. Hope you are having an incredibly time in Spain at that festival (I forget the name) and kissing all the girls and making them cry :)


______________

*update* after standing outside a pub on Bermondsey street for two hours, and after finally getting through to a helpful source, it came to our attention that Matty was not coming this weekend, but rather, the next one. The fact that Dave and I had an earlier debate over this (where I has sworn it was next weekend) has not been forgotten...

No comments: