Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You're Joking, Umpire!!

Today I discovered that a number (13!!) of comments had been entered onto my website. WELL, I thought, haven't my friends scome out in force over the weekend to lend a bit of support)))

Apparently not.

It appears that Blogs are the latest area of the internet to be inundated with SPAM. Not content with filling my hotmail inbox with offers for dental plans, health insurance or information to improve my sex life - today I discovered 13 'Comments' by some twat offering university degrees.

I am outraged. To think that some idiot has the time to go through my little website and strategically place incentives for my friends to get degrees. Not only do I 'pity the fool' for his splendid waste of his life, but I am astounded that he thinks that his offer is going to peak anyone's interest. SPAM is abhorrent, moving to new forums only compounds this.

Luckily I was able to find 12 of the 13 entries (I get an email each time one is made so I know how many there are) and erase them. If anyone happens to find the final one, please tell me. I only have so much patience.

Plus I have had to make things more secure. This means that anyone wanting to leave a comment will have to do one of those 'word verification' things which require you to repeat the random letters you see in a picture. If this doesnt work, the next step will be complete moderation, where any comments made will have to be screened by me. I am loathe to take this step as I quite like the surprise of the comment, but thems the breaks.

Boo Spam people.

xxxH

Note: I also find it quite frustrating that the people of google have not set up an email address/website where you can go and report these people, so they are unable to continue doign it from the same website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah saw those...
boo spam booooooo
good to chat the other night, we should do it more often fanta pants.... thinking of you lots and lots and wish you were here!!! (or we were all there which would be better cause then we'd all get a holiday)
Take care and speak soon, Nadsie