Thursday, May 26, 2005

One Hit Wonder???

Well things are plodding along here as nicely.. as things can only plod. And if plodding doesnt exactly paint a great picture, I guess that would be accurate. Jobs - zero. Doing some admin work at Dave's place, which isnt exactly my cup of tea - partly because taking orders from Dave sucks - but mostly because the office is so cramped and the structure so disorganised that it makes working conditions pretty frustrating. To be shipped from one desk to the next, to be given a random workload that is devoid of the tangibility Im used to - I cant get any sort of consistency or any sort of rythmn to my work. So I put in all this effort and see nothing in return (and obviously dont get even a nod of approval from Dave as the man subscribes to a hard-love work ethic.) Couple this with a few problems in my personal world (which wont be discussed here) im becoming pretty despondant about my situation here in London. And im not too sure how to pick things up or make things better. My fate lies upon getting a job I suspect.

I went to an 'informal chat' with a PR firm yesterday about a position in the Product Placement field which was pretty good. The job that may be on offer in a month or two.. and it is my dream job, the company ideal. But its also quite painful to have done that becuase I didnt sell myself particularly well - stumbling over words and ideas ... im still groaning at ill sentences in reflection - and also that there may not even be a job. But experience is always a positive so I will take that, but how do you see your dream job and then realise that if it doesnt work out there are no similar options because there is no other company which is currently doing the same thing? Bitterly, hopefully... and swiftly push it into your personal room 101 in the back of your head, I guess.

But im going to stop talking about work otherwise the site will drown in self-created pity.

(though on a final note im starting a short stint of temp work at Camden Publishing as a Conference Assistant [read:admin] next wednesday which should be good for a change of scene. )

Last night on one of the 1000 music channels they have over here, they had a special on the 40 top 'one hit wonders'. I flicked past it only to hear johhny farnham singing 'you're the voice'.. ONE hit wonder!?!?! I wish..... Lucky english.

love to all
xxx H

No comments: