Saturday, April 30, 2005

London Town

Well, its been a while since the last post and I apologise for my slackness. Not that anyone is probably checking this regularly, though the pictures in my head tell me you are all dilligently logging on each morning to see waht the next exciting installment is.

Exciting? Well, not so much. Unless ironing and risottos excite you that is. Actually, risottos are exciting, especially the one I made.

I've settled in quite nicely to my London life. Its so good to be moving into an established house where I the only things I had to do to get organised was to buy some soap, toothpaste and milk. I'm very lucky.

The main thing I do each day is look for a job. It has taken me a while to get my head aound the best way to do this and I feel like my first week was filled with dead ends. With me flailing around in a sea of information and not knowing the best path to take. Which is a bit demoralising but necessary. It just means Im closer to actually getting somewhere. Im not sure how long it will take me to find a marketing position that suits me so I suspect I will be doing some office work to make ends meet until that time.

But my off time is spent having a look around London, planning and cooking dinner, reading and relaxing with Dave. There are some great markets down the road (Borough Markets)that we went to this morning and got ourselves a coffee and bought our food for the weekend. We are going to play golf tomorrow. Apparently I have a lot of potential. Which is probably all bollocks and Dave's way of coersing me into be positive that playing golf is a good way to spend out long weekend.

Must go. The sun has come out and Dave wants to go outside and take off his top.

Happy Mothers day for Sunday mum. Hopefully will have called you.
xx Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can rest assured that I have nothing better to do when I arrive at work in the mornings than log on and read your blog. So keep on blogging!